- what individually identifiable information of yours is collected from you on the web site
- the organization collecting the information
- how the information is used
- with whom and when the information may be shared
- what choices are available to you regarding collection, use and disclosure of the information
- the kind of security procedures that are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Briggs & Stratton’s control
- how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
- how you can contact us with any questions about this Policy.
Information Collection and Use
The Briggs & Stratton Corporation collects information from our users at several different points on our web site.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time, our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. You can choose whether or not to disclose information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving customer satisfaction with our site.
If you reject the cookie, you may still use our site. The only drawback is that you will not benefit from some of the personalization functionality in several areas of our site. For example, you will not be able to automatically save preferences such as information about your language or region preferences.
We use a variety of information sources (IP address, domain names, browser software, etc.) to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. The data gathered is not linked to individually identifiable information.
We do not sell, rent, or lease any individually identifiable information. We share only aggregated demographic information with our web site associates and advertisers. This information is not linked to any individual person. We sometimes share the individually identifiable information that you provide us with third parties who assist us with specific marketing and sales programs. These third parties are allowed to use your individually identifiable information only for the purpose of responding to requests from you for additional information, or for the purpose of marketing and selling Briggs & Stratton products.
We may disclose your individually identifiable information in the following circumstances:
- In Legal Proceedings. If Briggs & Stratton receives legal process calling for the production of information (such as a court order, a subpoena, a civil discovery request, or a civil investigative demand), Briggs & Stratton will produce personal information that responds to the legal process.
- To Protect Safety. Briggs & Stratton will disclose personal information to the extent necessary for Briggs & Stratton to protect its own rights or property, the safety of its employees, or the rights or safety of others.
Links To Third-Party Sites
Security For Your Information
Briggs & Stratton Corporation uses commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to help protect against the loss, misuse, and unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide us. When you provide us information through our web site, your transmission of information is protected by secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. Once the transmission is received, we store your information on our secure servers.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to individually identifiable information. Employees authorized to access individually identifiable information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. When new policies are added, these employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to help safeguard our customers’ information. Please keep in mind that no security system is a guarantee against unauthorized intrusions.
Your Right To Opt-out
When we ask you to provide us with individually identifiable information, we also give you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ from having your information used for purposes not directly related to our site. For example, our My Engine Information registration form has an ‘opt-out’ mechanism so users who use our personalization service, but don’t want to receive any marketing material, can keep their email address off our marketing lists.
Notification of Changes To This Policy